Lost pressure on Pump

May 28, 2013
Hello friends,

I hit a snag and am now stumped.

I started the pool up on Sunday and got everything running and started to go through the opening process.
Pressure started out at 10 PSI with the new gauge I connected this season.

It runs for two days and today, Tuesday I give it the first vacuum.
As I am vacuuming I notice the pressure hits about 20 PSI.
So I remove the vacuum and head back to clean the cartridge filters.

To my surprise I see the PSI at 5 and falling.

So I figure its a clog. I clear some minor debris in the filter pump basket and with a screw driver I feel around the inside of the motor.
Nothing comes loose.

I go back to the skimmer basket I had attached the hose to and try to plunge it with a toilet plunger.

Nothing really happens.

I put it back together and start it back up and the PSI returns to 6.
While running I can see water swirling in the filter basket and returning to the pool.

I take the plunger and put it over the skimmer intake and it sucks hard to the point I can't lift it.
Wife turns off the pump..

We fire it back up and the PSI goes back to 10, success!

We watch it for a few moments and the pressures slows falls to 6 and the needle gets shaky.
I open the to clear any air and the water stream is weak.

I start looking back to the skimmer basket while messing around and the breaker trips.

So while I thinks its a clog I can't pinpoint it.
The pull from the intake in the skimmer basket is strong but I can't maintain pressure.
I see no leaks in the above equipment.

Thank you

I check the weir and pulled the motor and cleared any debris from the impeller.
Fired it back up and it held at 10 for about 15 minutes and than tripped the breaker.

Any other ideas I can try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.