Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suggestion for pool vac for ABG?

1. Back To Top    #1

Suggestion for pool vac for ABG?

I am looking for the best choice in a pool vacuum for my above ground pool. I don't mind spending the money if it makes sense. But i dont want to spend $600+ if I dont need to, and I also don't want to spend $150 to find out that the thing does not work and I should have spent a few more dollars.

I am concerned about a brush head or something equivalent that might damage the liner, obviously that would not be good. I figure that every one must have a product they either love or hate and I would love to hear about both.

Thanks and looking forward to your replies.

JoeFixes
    JoeFixes
    (but only if it is broken!)
    18x33 AG - 15,700 Gallons
    DE Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Suggestion for pool vac for ABG?

I'll be manually vac'ing my pool for now. My husband and I were looking at Diver Dave and Wanda the Whale. They aren't high end vacs but I don't want something that cost as much as my car payment or more!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

I've heard some are having good luck with the aquabot pool rover jr or the new model aquabot pura 4. It's around the 300 hundred dollar mark.

Just my 0.02.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

My wife threw her back out last summer vacuuming the pool and I am working all day so I need to find something that can either do it by itself or makes it easier. Otherwise it wont get vacc'ed until the weekend.

Does anyone have any experience with any of the models mentioned above?
    JoeFixes
    (but only if it is broken!)
    18x33 AG - 15,700 Gallons
    DE Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Like I said about the aquabot check out some reviews on it. Amazon has reviews on it along with someothers.

I don't personally have one but in the future I would consider an aquabot or something else.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

I have been using a pool rover jr. for several years. I've been very happy with it.
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

7. Back To Top    #7

Premier (Esther Williams) 24' x 52" Round AGP (13,500 gl.), Hayward 24" Pro-Series S244T Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump, AquaRite SWG, AquaComfort ACT-1100 Heat Pump, Jandy/Zodiac iAqualink Automation System with iPhone App, Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40
    My New Pool

8. Back To Top    #8

I am on season 3 with a pool rover. I like it. I will say this, it picks up surface dirt, leaves, dead algae, I have some areas I still need to brush. One of my pet peeves is the cord tangles occasionally, but I think you can have a swivel put onto the cord I read somewhere. Also I have a mat under my ladder sometimes it will pick that up.
    Good Luck
    15'X30'X52" AGP AquaSports Grande Buttress Free (10,620 Gallons), Hayward Dreamline S190 W Zeobrite, 1.5 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, AquaLuminator Light+ fountain attachment, Pool Rover, Tf-100 test kit, Speed Stir.

9. Back To Top    #9

The new series of Aquabots (S2-xx and Pura 4x) has a built-in cord detangler. Works great.
    Premier (Esther Williams) 24' x 52" Round AGP (13,500 gl.), Hayward 24" Pro-Series S244T Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump, AquaRite SWG, AquaComfort ACT-1100 Heat Pump, Jandy/Zodiac iAqualink Automation System with iPhone App, Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40
    My New Pool

10. Back To Top    #10

I use Hayward's Diver Dave. He does an excellent job in my intex pool. Easy to hook up and only runs about $115.00. I don't really know how many seasons he'll last but if he works for a few years I figure that he was worth the price.

I joke about him being my pool boy and am trying to think of a new name for him.

Here's a link to him on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017SW5MK/?ta ... vrqylav9_b
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

11. Back To Top    #11

I have a Zodiac Wahoo. When it works it works very well. It is a little touchy to get it set up. Too little suction and it lays on the bottom and does not move. Too much and it climbs the walls and never comes down. Once it is dialed in, it patterns well, there is a roughly 3 sf slice in my 27' round that it does not seem to be able to get to. I also have a dead aquabug that I rebuilt over the winter. I'll give that a whirl this season.

Dave
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo