Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Ei Saltwater Gen. and RS8 and Iaqualink

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Ei Saltwater Gen. and RS8 and Iaqualink

I have the plug in model Ei salt generator which you are supposed to be able to wire into the Iaqualink board. After doing this, all the lights on my RS8 in the house light up as being on and the display reads Revision C.
    Heinsite
    17500 pool/spa iAqualink Rev R, Pentair DE Filter, Waterfall, 3900 Polaris Cleaner, Goldline Saltwater Gen. w/t15, Rayvac 40,000 Gas heater, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit, Taylor Saltwater Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Ei Saltwater Gen. and RS8 and Iaqualink

Did you setup the controller type on the Ei power pack?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I did and you don't really get a conformation. When you reengage the output button the setting you set previously is not the first one to show up, so it hard to say if the system held the correct setting. I used the Jandy L/M. There are two others Pentair and Zodiac..Manual says use Jandy L/M
    Heinsite
    17500 pool/spa iAqualink Rev R, Pentair DE Filter, Waterfall, 3900 Polaris Cleaner, Goldline Saltwater Gen. w/t15, Rayvac 40,000 Gas heater, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit, Taylor Saltwater Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Don't know if you resolved your issue linking Jandy Ei & RS controller. I just wired mine and it wouldn't recognize the link. Experimenting, I swapped the Black & Yellow wires (A & B Terminals) and it now works fine. It will even tell me the salt level on my iPhone. Only problem is that the connection disables the chlorine production level control on the front of the unit, preventing a pool service to adjust the unit themselves.

5. Back To Top    #5

I tried switching black and yellow, same result. Thought about swapping other two, red and green but didn't want to kill anything. I must have a bad ei system...I mean system works but communication board must be off/bad
    Heinsite

6. Back To Top    #6

FYI, when I wire it as it should be the connected link DOES show up as connected tt looking symbol
    Heinsite

7. Back To Top    #7

I couldn't get the confirmation tt until I swapped out those 2 wires. Don't know if there is an error in the manual or just something weird with my system. Working fine though...

8. Back To Top    #8

I am still having this issue. I solved another issue where the Iaqualink must have a higher priority by setting jumpers on both the RS8 and Iaqualink antenna. I was hoping this might solve the ALL lights coming on-on the RS8 every time I hook up the EI Saltwater Generator, no such luck. I even tried variations of the jumpers on the RS8, tried reversing the yellow, black also..
    Heinsite