I have had my above ground pool for one year. I opened the pool two weeks ago, had my water tested at the local pool store. The store folks told me that I needed to purchase some alkalinity increaser. Rather than buy their brand I used baking soda and raised the AL based on a test strip. I had become concerned about what I was spending at the pool store for chemicals and the fact that they recommeded that i run my pump on high 24/7. I discovered this web site last week, signed up and I am now reading pool school. I ordered the TF100 with magnetic stirrer last night.
This is what I have put into my pool so far this year:
1. Two weeks ago at opening for the year, 2 bags of proteam power magic oxidizer which i read on the label is 47% calcium hypochlorite.
2. one more bag of the above mentioned shock 2 days ago.
2. 8 lbs of baking soda
3. 1 frog bac pac
This is my system:13,500 gall above ground pool, waterco micron sand filter exotuf e600, 60 gpm (res), 45 gpm (com), century flex 48 2 speed pump, seems to be 1.5 hp, the pool is one year old, bottom crawler robot cleaner
1. How do I phase into the BBB system?
2. I have two bags of the proteam left, use it or get rid of it?
3. I have 6 frog bac pacs, use it or get rid of it, or sell it on craigslist?
Thanks it advance. I look forward to testing, learning, and sharing with you.