Brown Cloudy Water - not clearing

May 21, 2013
Split fromhttp://www.troublefreepool.com/brow ... 60334.html
Always start your own thread when you have a question and prevent hijacking :wink: Butterfly

Not to high-jack a post, but I too am having brown muddy water. First, can you take a look at my signature to verify my setup and tell me if this setup is adequate for my pool, secondly, can you suggest something other than vacuuming? I know this may come as comical, but I put my garden hose in, fill the pool to a very high level, as to give me time to vacuum to waste and not empty below the skimmer, and I start vacuuming. I had the river flood from storm Irene if you don't recognize the name. As I start vacuuming (which I can't see a darn thing as I do this) the water gets almost a black or super dark brown with a stench to it (probably a mix of river mud and decaying leaves, maybe even the smell of live and dead algae) and the pump basket gets plugged instantly. Pretty much as soon as I purge the vacuum line of any air, and then I have to shut it down and clean out, and start again. This is super daunting and I cant see what I am doing to get it clean. Should I be shocking the water until I can see the bottom and then go from there? When I can get the mud color in the pool to settle down, it looks green and cloudy. Is the cloudy part a sign for a need for flocculant?

Something like that
You'll have to have the hose lower than your deep end of the pool
Might take some experimenting but the op did say it worked for him
1 other thing I know works get the TF100 test kit with the xl option
So when you start the shock process you'll know what your numbers are to put into the pool calculator
Wish I could help you more on the vacuuming

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.