Question about shocking

Good morning all,
I have been reading pool school and the forums and have a question about shocking. I know the shock process says you don't have to shock on a schedule but even if if you keep your numbers in check do you still shock occasionally? Can you go a whole swim season and not shock? Does CC eventually show up even if you keep your FC level at optimal point? I guess I'm just trying to figure out what to expect as we are entering summer and should be in the high 80's and only to get hotter from here on out. Thanks for your input.
Ryan

but even if if you keep your numbers in check do you still shock occasionally?
No. There is no reason to shock on a periodic timetable. You shock when your test results (or water appearance) tells you to.

Many members go all summer without shocking. I hope to this year if I don't get careless.

You can go years without shocking if you stay on top of things and there are no 'accidents' or dead critters :shock: or stuff like that.

That is why we recommend only a couple of test kits. They put you in charge of your pool :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.