Priming with Vac Alert on system

evolverus

In The Industry
May 27, 2013
first time poster, didn't see another topic about this so forgive me if I am in the wrong place! no signature as I don't own a pool but im working for a friend and have yet to find answers to this problem lol. new to working with pools and pump systems, I keep coming across the same problem with systems that use the safety vac alert. most of the pools ive come across with the issue are about level with the pump and filter, no great heights or drops. of course I can prime the systems fully before I install the vac alert but once the vac alert is installed I can never fully prime the system. some of the systems will fully disengage the vac alert letting massive amounts of air in and some only let in just enough air to make me frown. either way ive had a lot of trouble finding the answers im looking for on the web, most forum posts only mention that it is on the system and others are only about the actual adjustment of the vac alert. so I guess my real question is just... how do I prime the system with the vac alert installed??? lol thank you in advance for any help, Tyler Wilson, CT USA

There are two issues that come to mind. First, the VacAlert sometimes needs to be adjusted to allow normal pump suction. If pump suction exceeds the factory preset level you are supposed to adjust the triggering suction level so the pump can still prime. Second, if the unit is installed below the water level of the pool you need the rather differently designed submerged version of the VacAlert. Either of these issues will produce the symptoms you describe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.