Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Goldline SWG repair/replacement question

1. Back To Top    #1

Goldline SWG repair/replacement question

Please start your own new topic, hijacking threads is frowned upon. Moderator

I've repaired my SWG board's current limiter several times now, and I've had it and I'm ready to replace the board. It is a Goldline 066012C-1 Rev C, similar looking to this one
    http://idoneitmyself.wordpress.com/2009 ... lightning/
    but different # and Rev C#. Which board is the right one to replace it with, and where online can I purchase it?
    13,500 gallon IG Diamond Brite Super Blue, Pentair Superflo 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 300 lb Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Swim Pure+ SWG, Four 4X20 Fafco Solar Bears, Jandy Lite2 NG Heater, Borates, Blue Diamond Robot, TF100 & Refills, Taylor SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Goldline SWG repair/replacement question

eBay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40

It's ok to go with a higher rev. The software is usually better.

What is your normal salt level? Failing current limiters could be due to keeping the salt level at the high end of the range.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

The board is fairly old, not sure really, I'm the second owner.
    Some of the boards on your link claim to be the "newest version", but I suspect they are not. The blue board that has metal plates where the current limiter is looks like the newer one to me.
    13,500 gallon IG Diamond Brite Super Blue, Pentair Superflo 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 300 lb Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Swim Pure+ SWG, Four 4X20 Fafco Solar Bears, Jandy Lite2 NG Heater, Borates, Blue Diamond Robot, TF100 & Refills, Taylor SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

Ordered my new board from WWW.SUMMERSETPOOLS.COM, got in less than a week, installed the board myself. Easy as pie, and was already pre-set for a T-15 cell, which is what I have. Plug it in, turn it on and done. I had replaced the current limiter on the old board 2 times, and resoldered a few times as well, the current limiter fix is temporary at best.