Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rubber Gasket for Hard Plumbing Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Rubber Gasket for Hard Plumbing Pool

A couple years ago, I purchased everything I needed to hard plumb my Intex AGP based on several posts here on TFP. Since then, the photos posted by crookm11 are no longer viewable, so I'm stumped.

I am using the items he found at Lowe's so I can attach PVC to the stock through walls. Is anyone familiar with what he did? The "adapter" he used to connect
    the PVC to the through wall is gray with a lip. The portion of the "adapter" that would butt up with the through wall has raised lettering on it, and I believe
    he sanded those letters off to provide for a better connection. I have done all the sanding to remove the raised letters, but I am still concerned the
    connection will not be water tight. Is it necessary to also use some type of sealing gasket? If so, any idea where a person could get some? The outside
    dimension of the connection is 2&1/4" and the inside is 1&7/8"...In the past couple years, has a better "adapter" been discovered? If so, where? And what is the order number?

Thank you for your help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Central Ohio

Re: Rubber Gasket for Hard Plumbing Pool

Is there an o-ring on either side of your connection?

Cozumel AGP 24' 14,700 gallons
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5 hp pump
    Sta-rite Cristol-Flo II 2.3sq.ft. sand filter
    SWCG,Uni-bead liner
    TF-100 Testkit....$68,cheap insurance for a trouble free pool season

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Rubber Gasket for Hard Plumbing Pool