Help Valve setting

M0rgan

May 23, 2013
Hi, So I just bought a house with in inground pool. I had a guy come in and open the pool for me. He gave me a quick tour and was off. He told me to turn valve toward skimmer to vacuum the pool. But I cant remember what it was set to before I switch it to the skimmer. So after im done vacuuming the pool I set it to what for normal filtering?? It spins all the away around the sticker is basically gone. He wrote that to the right is the main drain and to the left is skimmer the other tube goes to my pump.
Any Ideas? Please and thanks - m0rgan

Attachments

• value.jpg
    value.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 25
The way it's set now, it draws all the water from the main drain. If you turn it 180deg (handle pointing the opposite direction) it draws all the water from the skimmer. Ideally, you should normally run it somewhere in between (handle pointed over the pipe going to the pump). You can start with it directly over the pipe and move it one way or the other to obtain enough skimmer action to keep the surface clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.