Pentair Flow and Prime???

May 27, 2013
I have the strangest issue. I have a Pentair system that wants to be an enemy. I checked all the seals on this system. When you first start it has a strong pressure. Then it slowly dies off. I can't use my pool scrubber to keep the pool clean. The pump has good pressure and nothing is clogged. The filter is clean. How can I keep my system primed and pressured? Thanks.

A working gauge is essential. Get the gauge fixed (any pool store, HD, Lowes, K-mart) and it will tell us which side of the pump the blockage is.

You should have a working gauge on your pool system anytime it is in operation.

Ok, I did tap on the gauge and it went up to about 17 psi. I turned it off and it went to zero. Turned it on and tapped on it again. It's running about 16 psi now. I will work on getting a new gauge. thanks!

As soon as I put on my hose to clean the pool is when it loses pressure. It drops it back down to 10 or lower. Seems like it can't reduce its intake of water or it should maintain prime right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.