Ok please, I need some help! We bought our home last October. My husband came and closed the pool with the previous owners. We decided to start opening it a few weeks ago. When we pulled the cover off it was very green. We went to our local pool company, told them we have 50,000 gal pool and they told us how much shock to add. We came home and added shock, and it didnt get any better. We are constantly running the filter (sand filter) and backwashing. My husband added more shock, still nothing. We then took a water sample to the pool company and they tested it. At this point, our liner had now turned a nice shade of orange and the pool still green/brown. Upon testing the water they said that we had iron in the water. We had to treat it with "Chem-Out" 1st and then "bear-magnet" to lift the stains off. My husband followed their instructions to a T and no change. We went back with another sample, the iron was no longer in the water but our Chlorine level was off the charts (hot pink on the test kit). So they sent us off with the same treatment (though free this time) and told us to put in the "Chem out" wait 24 hrs and test the chlorine. We did, and still PINK! Went again to pool company. Now we get sent home with 12lbs of "Bear Blast", told again to test the chlorine in 24 hours. Once again we did and no change. Today we called and then went again, now they have us adding 12lbs of Nuetralizer. Basically they are telling us before we can remove the stains and get where we need o be, we have to get the chlorine out. I am very discouraged and dont know what to do. I think the size of the pool is 25x40, its huge and holds approx. 50,000 gallons of water. Right now it looks like we have Shrek living in our back yard. Can anyone help us??