Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair salt system ! help

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair salt system ! help

Hello i have pretty much a brand new pentair intellichor IC40 all the green lights are on, except the cell light. It comes on sometimes and than it goes out. If i press to add more sanitzier ie 20%, 40%, 60% then the light comes back on and stays on for a while then goes out. My chlorine was a bit high, however now i am reading now chlorine when i test with a taylor pool test kit. I cant imagine the cell is bad yet i just put the pool in last July. So any help tips would be appreciated..the manual doesnt really say anyhting but if the cell light is flashing. It isnt flashing it just sometimes is on, and off.

Thank you

Simply, we find, hire and train the most talented individuals possible and we work hard to keep them.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sunny SoCal

Re: Pentair salt system ! help

The "Cell On" indicator lamp shows only when Chlorine is being produced. My understanding is, the percentage that you select is the percentage of time that the Generator will be working per hour. So if you have it set at 100%, then it will be on for 60 minutes. If you select 20% then it will only be on for 12 minutes (approximate) of every hour the pump is running.

That is why it only goes on for short bursts. If you set it for 15% and then sit their with a stopwatch, you should end up with 8 or so minutes of actual generating time when you hit 1 hour.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3
    Left coast

Page 8 in the manual tell you about the times the cell is on or off.
    Hope this helps.
    16,500 gal Roman end with PebbleFina finish
    4 x 160 intelliflo pump
    Easytouch controls with an IC40 chlorinator
    Sta-rite cartridge filter
    A & A infloor cleaning system
    Pentair 5g LED pool light

4. Back To Top    #4

thank you very much for taking the time to let me know this.
    Simply, we find, hire and train the most talented individuals possible and we work hard to keep them.