Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy JVA 2440 Actuators Leaking from Bottom

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy JVA 2440 Actuators Leaking from Bottom

I have a pool/spa combination and have two JVA 2440 actuators on compool valves. I noticed they were leaking from underneath, where the cam actually sits onto the valve. I changes the gaskets in the compool valves. But they were fine to begin with with.

I took off the JVA 2440 and opened the top, everything looked fine. Dry, no rust, dust etc. Look brand new even though they are 10 years old. I opened the bottom layer where the gears are and they appeared fine. Teeth sharp, etc. Nothing looked broken. I gave it a good lube, as it appeared it had been when installed and closed everything up.

The leak has slowed, but still a few drops. Should I just replace the actuators?

I appreciate all your help!
    45k gallon,Hayward DE Filter,Inground,Plaster pool and spa,Natural Stone Waterfall. Hayward Pump,Superpump and PB4.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Jandy JVA 2440 Actuators Leaking from Bottom

There's nothing on the actuator that has any water in it, so if something is leaking it has to be the valve. It's probably the shaft seal o-ring on the valve.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit