Question about Above Ground Pool Entrance Systems

Gardog

Feb 17, 2008
Does anyone have the Royal Entrance steps for their pool? I am looking to purchase a new entrance system & really could use some advice. I currently have wedding cake style & I cannot keep the algea from underneath. I have drilled holes in the sides & front to try to improve water circulation, but I still get algea.

Thanx for the input

We, too, have wedding cake steps with extra holes drilled in and we, too, get algae under and inside the bottom step. I don't see it a a huge problem. They don't seem to creep out from under the steps.

Every now and then, maybe once a month, we move the steps away from the side and brush the liner. When I add bleach I pour some of it directly behind the steps and when I brush I try to swish some of the water toward the holes. Maybe that helps to control the critters and keeps them from wandering into the rest of the pool.

I just purchase the Royal Entrance Steps, but have not put them in the pool yet. Will probably install them ether Saturday or Sunday. Put them together today,went together very easy. Really nice steps,we will enjoy them more than the ladder we had. I don't think algea will get under them, but we will see.

There are several brands out there with flow through systems/designs that help prevent algae. I have Biltmore steps and no algae -

We have the royal entrance steps. Haven't noticed any algae. We needed to flush it all out this winter, because some water stayed in the back side of the steps but it cleaned up fine. We really enjoy these steps very much for easy access and a place to sit at times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.