Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about Above Ground Pool Entrance Systems

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about Above Ground Pool Entrance Systems

Does anyone have the Royal Entrance steps for their pool? I am looking to purchase a new entrance system & really could use some advice. I currently have wedding cake style & I cannot keep the algea from underneath. I have drilled holes in the sides & front to try to improve water circulation, but I still get algea.

Thanx for the input
    28' round 23k gallon AGP Vinyl Liner
    1.5 hp pump,Sand Filter,Polaris 65 8 gallon Liquidator

2. Back To Top    #2
    We, too, have wedding cake steps with extra holes drilled in and we, too, get algae under and inside the bottom step. I don't see it a a huge problem. They don't seem to creep out from under the steps.

Every now and then, maybe once a month, we move the steps away from the side and brush the liner. When I add bleach I pour some of it directly behind the steps and when I brush I try to swish some of the water toward the holes. Maybe that helps to control the critters and keeps them from wandering into the rest of the pool.
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

3. Back To Top    #3

I just purchase the Royal Entrance Steps, but have not put them in the pool yet. Will probably install them ether Saturday or Sunday. Put them together today,went together very easy. Really nice steps,we will enjoy them more than the ladder we had. I don't think algea will get under them, but we will see.
    15x30x54 AGP, Hayward 1hp 2 spd pump, cartridge filter, Royal Entrance steps,Pool Rover Jr

4. Back To Top    #4

Jet4

Where did you order yours from? I'm looking for somewhere online to order them from.

Thanx
    28' round 23k gallon AGP Vinyl Liner
    1.5 hp pump,Sand Filter,Polaris 65 8 gallon Liquidator

5. Back To Top    #5

I order them from inyopools. Shipping was very fast, lest than a week. Very nice people to deal with.
    15x30x54 AGP, Hayward 1hp 2 spd pump, cartridge filter, Royal Entrance steps,Pool Rover Jr

6. Back To Top    #6
    There are several brands out there with flow through systems/designs that help prevent algae. I have Biltmore steps and no algae -
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

7. Back To Top    #7

We have the royal entrance steps. Haven't noticed any algae. We needed to flush it all out this winter, because some water stayed in the back side of the steps but it cleaned up fine. We really enjoy these steps very much for easy access and a place to sit at times.
    18 ft.52" Round Atrium AG -7600 gallons, Sand Filter, Vinyl liner, Royal Entrance Steps, 80 lbs.solarsalt