My last year using Perma Salt..

Hello, I am new to this forum and I have learned a lot reading for the past few days. So much so, that this is the last year I will be using my Perma Salt system. Now that I have invested so much money this year, I have to use the system to get my money out of it.. But...... I have a question.

I want to have more sanitizer in the pool vs. what this Perma Salt system is providing. if any..

If I understand correctly, I can add FC and shock to the pool as needed and keep using my copper sytem?... remember this - this is the last year I will be using this system and will go to the BBB method next year. The reason for this is that I have a 2 year old and im afraid that I dont have enough sanitizer in the water to kill bacteria and fecal matter just incase he has an accident.

So, will adding a gallon of liquid bleach work for me to shock the pool once a week?
Also, im using FC tablets in the skimmer basket. Is this ok?

Im going to buy a nice testing kit to accurately determine my levels. all levels.

my pool is an AG vinyl with a cartridge filter. 16,000 gallons

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and if you reply, Thank You !!

Scott

Nashville Tennessee

Permasalt is mostly an algistat. It's not so good for a quick kill on bacteria an viruses. How much FC does permasalt put in the water? You need to maintain a certain FC level all the time - no matter how it's introduced - to kill the nasties quickly. Once a week overdosing makes as much sense as getting a drug prescription that says take one pill daily and taking 7 pills once a week.

Pucks and powders will introduce stabilizer or Calcium and they will build up over time. So will metals from that permasalt system.

Not sure if you've read this yet: alternative-sanitizers-and-chemical-free-pools-the-truth-t3025.html

Personally, I don't think it's possible to combine the two approaches.

Copper also leads to unsightly staining and turns blonde hair green. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.