where is cell temp sensor on goldline t15 cell

Cell Temp Sensor for Aqualogic TCell15

I have the Aqua Logic T-Cell-15 SWG with the Goldline control panel. I get he message "Chlorinator Off - High Temperature". In the Diagnostics Menu the Cell Temperature Sensor reading is generally +170 degrees, so its shutting of the generator. Not sure if everything was working properly before, but I just cleaned the cell with a relatively high concentration of muriatic. I have re-check the cell to make sure it clean/clear and actually tried switching direction. I check the back of the board (K1 relay) after reading other board and everything looks good - no black, Except the back of the Flow Sensor but that looks like a different connection. So my questions is, "where is the cell temperature sensor, and is there a way to check or replace it?" Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cant afford to replace the cell at this time.

The temperature sensor is in the cell itself and unfortunately, it is not serviceable without replacing the cell. But I would suspect the main board before the cell. Also, you should be able to take the cell to a pool store and they can test it for you.

I took the cell to a pinch-a-penny store today and they ran it thru their test and it "failed" several times. I assume there is no way to bypass this sensor and still have the cell function, somewhat properly???? I cant really afford to replace the cell at this time, unless there is a generic band that works for a good price. I guess that's the next research project. Thanks for the input.

John51 said:
I took the cell to a pinch-a-penny store today and they ran it thru their test and it "failed" several times. I assume there is no way to bypass this sensor and still have the cell function, somewhat properly????
It would be very difficult because the sensor is wired into the main cable.

This is a cell I am considering when mine fails. Sounds interesting:

http://www.titaniumcells.com/index.html

The titanium cells are different than the standard Compupool cells which I would not buy either. They use Compupool for just the housing and assembly but the plates are proprietary technology which to me maters more. I have not tried them but the few people that have seem to be pretty happy.

This is on the about page:

The final assembly is performed by the industry leader, CompuPool. A strong pioneer in electrolytic cells, CompuPool began operations in 1979 and now operates three global manufacturing facilities. The company brings a wealth of experience and technical expertise, which is built into each Titanium cell. Serving all 50 states with fast UPS shipping and old-fashioned customer service, Pool Express is proud to be the nation's leading online retailer of TI3 Titanium cells.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does anyone know where the "cell temperature sensor" is located. I'm getting very high readings +170 degrees and the generator is shutting off. I have T Cell-15

Warning: This will probably make you feel like Ned Beatty's character in Deliverance too. I searched and asked and searched again to find the location of the cell sensor on a Hayward T-15 and now I know why it was so hard to find. First, its not a replaceable part. If its bad your whole cell is bad and what a ripoff. The sensor is on the wall of the cell itself under a plastic "saddle" on the power cord end. Its about the size of a nickle, made of some ceramic type material and can shut your whole system down. You can't cut the 2 wires because the chlorine generator will show "open" and won't start. Same thing if you bypass and short them together. So my fellow Canoe trippers we have to shell out $500 for what looks to be a 39 cent item which will go bad in about 2 years. I know this is why the majority of these cells fail and here's the frosting: If you test them on the tester at your local pool store they will test as being good which costs you a lot of time looking for other causes. I'm starting to think it wasn't so hard to throw some chlorine tablets in the pool once in awhile. $500 will buy enough tablets for 2 years for sure. Where's the big advantage of a salt system I was supposed to get?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.