Winter cover hooks stuck

May 16, 2013
Ling story short, we bought a house where the pool hadn't been opened in 2 years. Everything is relatively going well except a good portion of the winter cover hooks appear to be stuck, and I can't turn them back down. It looks to be a 1/4" hex wrench.

Does anybody have a solution that has worked for them?

Thanks!

yes...i had a similar experience with one of my anchors.....this is how i did it....i got a real 1/4" allen socket and a breaker bar or long extension...i took some penetrant and spraye dit up and let it set...maybe overnight for you since they are 2 years frozen......it is usually brass so they dont rust, they just get Crud in them and lock up...work the socket back and forth......tighten loosen tighten ...spray and keep working it....it may take about 20-30 back and forths to get it to move.....you really want to try and remove the screw before you run it down in so you can clean out the Crud and also put some antiseize on it or at least spray lubricant.......once you get it out......ghet your cordless drill or driver thast can accept a 3/8 socket adapter and run the screw up and down many times....and when you finally run it in all the way, dont crank it down...my pool has 28 anchors but luckily only 2 froze up...I am a mechanic so i had all the "good" tools to work it out and put it back together....good luck but you cab do it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.