Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cover unsightly faded liner

1. Back To Top    #1

cover unsightly faded liner

has anyone tried stick on tile for vinyl pools my liner is faded but in good shape, saw add on you tube for hot pool products.com looked interesting?
    15k, ig ,vinyle ,kitbuilt, 1hp hayward, 24 hayward sand, 2-intex swg`s, manual cleaning, leslies k2006 test kit,14x28, fiberglass steps

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: cover unsightly faded liner

Are you talking about trying to cover your entire pool? What type of tile are you talking about using, just floor tile?

If you did not get 100% adhesion, that would leave areas for algae to grow. I also think that if you found something that would work underwater, the price of covering the entire pool could quickly become more than a new liner.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

the tile is a vinyl strip that comes in 9 inch by ten foot lengths for about 30 bucks I would put in link to there website but I don't know how. the website is hot pool products.com thanks for the reply. my biggest concern is how would adhesive affect my liner?
    15k, ig ,vinyle ,kitbuilt, 1hp hayward, 24 hayward sand, 2-intex swg`s, manual cleaning, leslies k2006 test kit,14x28, fiberglass steps

4. Back To Top    #4

After you just trying to cover the water line or the entire pool?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

just the water line where fading occured