Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Top rail of soft sided pools

1. Back To Top    #1

Top rail of soft sided pools

I've got a question for those who own metal frame intex and pro series type pools. As you can see in the picture I've attached, the liner material on the very top is starting to show some discoloration and looking a little dried out from being out in the sun going on three years.

So I'm wondering if anyone has done any type of maintenance on theirs such as using a cleaner or wax to help protect this surface. I was thinking of using a mild bleach solution and scrubbing all of it really good and applying some wax. From what little I've tried wiping, the brown stuff doesn't come off. Really just want to protect the liner with something. Looking for some thoughts or other suggestions. Thanks!

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Top rail of soft sided pools

I would try a Magic Eraser first. Not sure what would protect it after that, though.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Top rail of soft sided pools

That's actually an excellent idea about the magic eraser. I tried scrubbing with the bleach and water with a scrub brush but it didn't do much. I just know leaving it up year round it really needs some protection. Will report back after I try the magic eraser on it. I'm thinking of using some liquid wax once I get it to cleaned up better.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -