Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pump and SWG positioning off ground

1. Back To Top    #1
    Randleman, North Carolina

pump and SWG positioning off ground

Another Question. I have a 3 tiered shelf unit. I want to put the intex cartridge pump on the 1st shelf, the SWG on the 2nd shelf and use the 3rd shelf for drinks etc.. next to the pool. Would there be any problems positioning the pumps this way. My new intex pool is filling up right now, hooray.
    16x48 Intex Ultra frame pool with swg

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: pump and SWG positioning off ground

As long as the shelf is reasonably stable that should be fine. The only important limitation is that the pump needs to be below the water line, and it sounds like that won't be an issue. The pump will cause some vibration. Hopefully the shelf is stable enough that there won't be an issue with the drinks shaking.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Florida

Re: pump and SWG positioning off ground

Agreed, and if you're making martinis you're all set. ("Shaken, not stirred" 007)
    Alan in Wellington, FL - near West Palm Beach
    15,200 gal IG, painted plaster, 1988; 200 SqFt cartridge filter, 2013; 1.5 HP 1-speed pump (uprated), 2005; heat pump, 2005;
    soon to repair (dead) SWG AquaRite T-15 cell, 2005, and replace (dead) suction-side cleaner, 2005.
    Almost everything died this winter 2012-'13, and I know we shouldn't complain... but, Arrgh!