Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool opening disaster

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool opening disaster

Hi everyone and a big thank you to all involved in the running of this website.
    Right ! opened my pool things looked great when removing the cover but just before we got it
    all off it burst opened leaving all the winter **** lying in the pool, I have a pool rover coming
    on Monday what can I do until then.

Regards d/b
    14500 gl, oval, vinyl

2. Back To Top    #2
    Acton Maine
    Don't panic You must have a leaf rake or a net. Just slowly start scooping up the big stuff as much as possible. Then you can manually vaccum until you get the crud out. Just make sure your filter is staying clean during this process watch the pressure. Eventually you'll get it clean. When the rover comes it will be a bonus
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator ,

3. Back To Top    #3
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    Get as much of the debris out as you can with whatever tools you have available. The leaf net is great for this sort of crummy job.

Wouldn't hurt to test the water and start the adjustment process. You'll want some bleach in there to help fight the organics. Have you had a chance to explore Jason's Pool Calculator yet? It's a great tool to help you adjust and maintain the chemical balance of your water.
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.