Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie but oldie

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie but oldie

Hi all

My name is Ian I am 61 but feel 35 and live in Cyprus. Only recently got a house with a pool 18 months. I had a contractor looking after my pool but decided to try it myself, as I am always on site.
    Gets a bit of getting used to must remember not to get too anorak about the results.

But its 11 am here time for a pimms as this typing is tiring.
    Living in Cyprus
    In ground overflow pool tiled 12m X 4m 19507 Us gals 16243 Imp gals
    1 Kw motor 15 cu m per min Sand filter
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it was just some PERSON with a torch walking toward me.
    I started out in life with nothing and I still have most of it left.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie but oldie

Welcome to the forum

Time for a pimms... it's [s:31gjsy8z]11 AM[/s:31gjsy8z] 5 o'clock somewhere
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome aboard TFP

You peaked my curiosity which Pimm is it?

Pimm is mass-produced and bottled it along with Pimmís 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6: whiskey, brandy, rum, rye, and vodka, respectively

Kirk from Texas
    Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi ktc211

Its Pimms number 1 which is a gin based. The only reason we drink this we cannot get the others. That is not the only reason we drink it we also like it because its alcohol and it looks cool in a pitcher with ice fruit and lemonade. My neighbor thins it is a soft drink and cannot understand why she gets sleepy.lol
    Why can I only get the Smilies on edit and not post???????
    Living in Cyprus
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it was just some PERSON with a torch walking toward me.

6. Back To Top    #6

LOL!!! bof,
    A man after my own heart I don't think we can get that in Texas, but I'll try the local Booze'atorium aka Super Spirit's Store they might just ..... Send some Pixs of your cement pond, we love pixs, A photo of that Cold Pitcher in the fore-ground would be cooL

Turns out they do: Pimm's cup 1

http://www.specsonline.com/cgi-bin/s...&pageid=search

Kirk in Texas
    Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi

Attached are pictures of our pool but no pimms, made one but tested it first. one glass led to another then the chink of glass was heard by my friend half a mile away who decided party time and turned up with the chops and salad :P good barbie. good day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Living in Cyprus

8. Back To Top    #8

Beautiful pool you have there
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome! Nice looking pool.

10. Back To Top    #10

Hey bof

Good looking Pool you've heard of the 3 B's Booze Boats and Broads. Now in Cyprus you have the 3 P's Pimm's Pools and Pork or was it Lamb Chops? LOL!!!

I'm going to try that Pimm's Pitcher with the fruit, first chance I get, stay thirsty my friend

Kirk in Texas

11. Back To Top    #11

Hi ktc211
    The only broads I know are in Norfolk (google it) Local falling down water is Raki with water or lemonade Go to a restaurant (cafe) order a meze a bottle of raki and stay fore 2 to 3 hours bit like a indoor barbie not the doll

Is it 5 o clock anywhere yet
    Living in Cyprus

12. Back To Top    #12

LOL!!! bof

I'll check it out in the morning, it's 1:00AM here