Leveling problem with 22' pool

May 26, 2013
A few weeks ago I began setting up our new 22' pool. We had a 15' last year. I needed to raise one side of the yard to level the ground. After building a retaining wall and adding 8 yards of dirt, I rented one of those compactors and had the ground nice and hard. Then I had a guy come out and finish leveling the ground and he used a tamp when he was finished.

Set up the pool and it rainined while we were filling it up. Now the pool if full and the leggs are sinking into the ground causing the water to run over the top. So I drainined the water some to prevent that from happening. I tried to jack up the pole by using a car jack and then Iadded a 2x4 block under the legg and that didn't help.

I read people were using patio blocks and having great luck. But myquestion is this. Won't they break and put meright back where I am? Seems I can only put it under a few inches so it son't be under the liner, is that okay? Is there some other way to do this?

thanks!

Jim

This is why building up is not a recommended way to level the ground. The patio blocks are used under the uprights to give a solid foundation. My pool has the level ground with concrete blocks placed under the uprights for support. Having an extremely unlevel pool (especially one that water is spilling over!) is incredibly unsafe.

Is this a soft sided pool are or a steel walled pool, if it's steel walled you can't jack it, it will need to be taken down and leveled properly.
Using a patio block will spread the weight, may or may not work for you.

Bottom line is that it sounds like the site wasn't compacted properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.