Cleaning algae stains from 15' Intex pool

May 26, 2013
SE Georgia
I drained my pool this week, realizing that it was completely out of hand with algae and leaves in the bottom. We did not have a good cover strategy over the winter.
At any rate, after draining it, there are algae stains that aren't coming off very easy. We've removed the poles so we can get to the lining a little easier to clean.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

[attachment=0:362biyej]921585_10200540831977668_130258526_o.jpg[/attachment:362biyej]

Attachments

• 921585_10200540831977668_130258526_o.jpg
    921585_10200540831977668_130258526_o.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 83
Fill it up, follow the steps in "How to Shock your Pool" in Pool School - (upper right corner) then keep your FC at the upper end of your recommended range - See the CYA chart link in my sig - and the stains will fade over a few weeks.

frustratedpoolmom said:
Fill it up, follow the steps in "How to Shock your Pool" in Pool School - (upper right corner) then keep your FC at the upper end of your recommended range - See the CYA chart link in my sig - and the stains will fade over a few weeks.

So.... am I wasting my time scrubbing with a scrub brush and bleach...?

When we set it up initially, one side (foundation ground) wasn't leveled out, so this has been a great chance to get that fixed!

Oh, noticed a small leak on the very bottom liner is that something I need t try and figure out and patch? Thanks!

frustratedpoolmom said:

Read the CYA chart, and reviewed shock process. Was hoping to find some alternative methods that may be a little lower costing. Any advise there?

This is the lowest cost methods for maintaining pools on the market. Once you reach shock level, with a fresh fill, you only have to do that once. Let it drop to normal. Say your CYA is 50. Keep your FC at a 7 or 8 for a week or so, and nightly you are talking about is adding one half of a small jug of 8.25% bleach. You could use generic, like from Aldi for about $1.30 a day or less it will cost you, to keep it at that level for a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.