Can I use trichlor tablets in our pool?

May 19, 2008
gulf coast of Texas
A friend filled in their inground pool and gave me half of a huge bucket of Pacific Clear Trichlor 3" tablets. I just ran out of bleach and thought I'd ask here first if I could use them or not. We have an above ground pool, vinyl liner, metal sides. Could I put one or two in a floater? Will it hurt the water or anything? I opened the bucket and couldn't believe how strong and potent that stuff is!!!! It smelled up my whole house and burned my nose and eyes. So thought I'd ask here first. If I can't, I'll pass them to someone who can use them.

Your CYA is where it should be. As long as they stay dry the tablets will stay good for a long time. Store them away from direct heat and anything metal you don't want to rust. You can use them for vacations when you will be away from the pool for awhile or to top off CYA and FC after long, heavy rains.

Like others have said it depends on your CYA level which will only be lowered by water replacement. So the answer may vary based on how much rain you get in places like AZ where there id little rain will be different than places like here that get over 5 feet of rain per year.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.