Dumb question - tool to loosen salt cell caps?

ddas

May 21, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I'm taking over maintenance of my pool equipment, and since my Jandy salt cell is giving me an error code, I want to take out the salt cell and clean it, which looks very straightforward.

Except that with all the force I have, I can't unscrew it and get the two end caps off. Both are incredibly tight. (Yes, I've read the instructions that they don't need to be more than hand-tight, but I'm not the one who last tightened them.)

Any hints for this newbie on loosening them? The caps seem to have indentations on them, hinting that maybe there is a tool that's built to loosen these?

[attachment=0:29kkligy]photo.JPG[/attachment:29kkligy]

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 81
Thanks all. A strap wrench did the trick. It was a little tricky to figure out (the instructions said to look for a nonexistent arrow, and there's at least 4 different ways to use the thing) but eventually it worked and I got my salt cell loose.

Tonight, we clean!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.