How to measure chemicals???

Measuring cups measure fluid oz, scales weigh oz weight. Instructions for solid chemicals normally give measurements by weight, while liquid chemicals normally give measurements by fluid oz. The Pool Calculator presents measurements both ways (in most cases).

Pls see my dumb question above ...

The pool calculator said I needed to add 78 oz by weight or 82 oz by volume. So my kitchen measuring cup is actually measuring by volume, but is this accurate for non-liquid chemicals? For example - when it shows 32 oz, does it really mean 2 lbs of solid chemicals?

karenkolby said:
Pls see my dumb question above ...

The pool calculator said I needed to add 78 oz by weight or 82 oz by volume. So my kitchen measuring cup is actually measuring by volume, but is this accurate for non-liquid chemicals? For example - when it shows 32 oz, does it really mean 2 lbs of solid chemicals?
http://www.poolcalculator.com/ will give you both weight and volume. Measuring cups are always volume.

Or just get a kitchen scale and a large bowl. I picked up a cheap one at Walmart that weighs up to 11lbs in 10ths of an ounce. Put your bowl on the scale and push Tare to 0 out the weight of the bowl and start pouring until you have the right amount.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.