Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner Pump Doghouse

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner Pump Doghouse

While I'm waiting for the iron in my water to drop out and for the water to clear up, I thought I'd post some pics of my Stenner pump's summer home. It might be a little on the extreme side, but I wanted to protect it from the relentless sun that hits it all the time. It is a three piece doghouse with a removable roof. I'd like to trim it out but I'm wary of adding any extra weight to it. It started to get stupid heavy, hence the three pieces. Kinda reminds of an outhouse design-wise. It is a 10 gallon per day pump with a Woods 20 event timer. I'm currently using only 10 of the events in the timer dosing every hour for around 13 minutes per cycle. So far I am extremely pleased with the Stenner pump and am thrilled at the prospect of only hauling bleach around twice a month poolside.

18' x 33' AGP
    16,715 gal.
    200 lb. Sand Filter w/Hayward PowerFlo MATRIX 1.5 H.P. 2 Spd. pump
    Stenner Injection Pump System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner Pump Doghouse

Awesome
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

My dog glanced at his doghouse outside, looked over my shoulder at yours on the screen and he bit me.

Very Nice work.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Man thats some attention to detail there. Even a thermometer inside. Gonna wire it up permanently with some flex conduit to that outlet after you get all the details firmed up?
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

6. Back To Top    #6

No, going to have to bring it in for the winter. Something else to store in the garage and make that space seem smaller. No matter what size garage you build, it isn't going to be enough.
    18' x 33' AGP
    16,715 gal.
    200 lb. Sand Filter w/Hayward PowerFlo MATRIX 1.5 H.P. 2 Spd. pump
    Stenner Injection Pump System