Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't get my Hayward Super Pump Cover off

1. Back To Top    #1

Can't get my Hayward Super Pump Cover off

I turned on my Super Pump a day or two ago and heard and loud pop and then it tripped the breaker. Upon inspection, I realized some water must have made its way onto the cable and it started to fry. I'm trying to replace the electrical wiring. I removed the two bolts on the back (one snapped in the process), but I can't seem to get the cover off...

Any tricks of how to go about this?

Thanks,
    Mark
    20K gal, vinyl, 1 1/2 Hayward SuperPump, Hayward Perflex DE Filter (EC-65 or EC-75), In-Line Chlorinator, Kreepy Krauly

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can't get my Hayward Super Pump Cover off

Tapping on alternate sides with a rubber mallet or piece of wood should help you wiggle it off. They are a pretty snug fit and if you broke off a bolt there's probably some corrosion but persistence and suitable application of moderate force should get you there.
    16x32 Oval In-ground Vinyl, ~17,000 gallons, Hayward 1hp Superpump, Hayward S245T Sand Filter

Worn out sand? sand-filter-expert-help-t30049.html
    Drain the easy way: cyanuric-acid-blues-draining-pool-t43843.html
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html , pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock , pool-school/shocking_your_pool

3. Back To Top    #3

A little percussive maintenance did the trick!

Thanks,
    Mark
    20K gal, vinyl, 1 1/2 Hayward SuperPump, Hayward Perflex DE Filter (EC-65 or EC-75), In-Line Chlorinator, Kreepy Krauly

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by markc99
    A little percussive maintenance did the trick!

Thanks,
    Mark
    16x32 Oval In-ground Vinyl, ~17,000 gallons, Hayward 1hp Superpump, Hayward S245T Sand Filter

Worn out sand? sand-filter-expert-help-t30049.html
    Drain the easy way: cyanuric-acid-blues-draining-pool-t43843.html
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html , pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock , pool-school/shocking_your_pool