TF-100 - Couple questions!

ian81

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2012
Jenison, MI
Pool Size
Hey guys! got my kit and my pumps been operating for about a week now. :whoot: Had a few questions regarding the colors, and my FC.

FC 11
CC 0
TC 11
TA 130
PH 7.5
CYA 50
CH 300

So, is this "red" for my alk?
00fc34a2-b585-4d10-8b08-99abc321846f_zpsea974b76.jpg

and is this blue for my CH?
747918c7-43cf-46cc-92ac-cc9f2887010d_zps04c6c4bd.jpg

or am i looking for darker shades :?

Also I am kind of confused on the OFCLT is all about. Do I test my water before bed(2am), and then when I wake up?(9am) and when I don't lose any FC over night, the shock process is done? I raised FC to 25 when I opened pool about a week ago and now it's down to 11, I haven't added anything else as I have been really short on time.
So should I check the FC night to night, or crank it back up to 25 again cause I am not done shocking?
Thanks for the help! Love this site :goodjob:

Yes, that is red. Any shade in the red/pink family is fine. The main thing is to continue adding drops after the color starts changing, and then stop adding stops when some drop doesn't change the color any further. That final drop which doesn't change the color any further doesn't count.

Yes, for the OFCLT you measure in the evening and then again in the morning, the idea being to get a long period when no sunlight is striking the pool. Any chlorine you lose in the absence of sunlight is caused by organics in the water.

While you are not done shocking and should add chlorine back up to shock level, that has nothing to do with the OFCLT, which will work just fine at your current FC level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.