Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What relief valve to purchase?

1. Back To Top    #1

What relief valve to purchase?

I want to put a vacuum relief valve or vacuum breaker in my solar (plumbing details on other post) but I am having trouble finding them here in Canada and the pool stores are full of terrible advice!

1. Can I put a T into the system and cap it somehow as a "rough-in" for this valve once I find one?

2. Can anyone recommend what valve to get and where to get one online? I am running all 1.5" piping.

Josh S
    20.8k gal vinyl kidney; 600sqft surf area, Hayward 1HP Super; 300Lb Sand Filter; Aqua-Rite/T-9; RainbowRay LEDs, Jandy Deck Jets; and a whole 'lotta sweat n time...

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: What relief valve to purchase?

Most use a 3/4 inch threaded NPT male connection, so you could use a PVC T with 3/4 inch threaded T and just put a threaded plug in it for now

check ebay for a watts vacuum relief valve there are a number listed at the moment (black plastic top on brass valve) I suspect some would ship to Canada. (most seem to be 1/2 inch, but they also make 3/4)

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~