Polaris 280 Not Sweeping

Mar 7, 2013
Hello! Long time lurker but my first time posting. I have a Polaris 280 pool sweep that doesn't seem to be doing its job. Some times the tail will sweep and other times it wont, the head unit will move on the bottom of the pool and then just stop and not backup.

I replaced the tail earlier this week and I thought that corrected the tail issue but apparently it has not. I've also replaced the bearings in the wheels.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you checked the back-up valve to see if it is working? While the Polaris 280 is running hold the back-up valve out of the water and see if it shoots water out. It should activate every couple of minutes and run for a short time. If water is shooting out of the back-up valve continuously that is also a problem.

I would also check the wheels that attach to the metal drive shaft. They have plastic teeth on them that should catch on the metal drive shaft coming out of the body of the cleaner. If they are stripped (worn down) the wheels will catch sometimes and not other times -thus the stop and go effect you are describing. I mention the back-up valve because you mentioned the unit is not backing up (doesn't really reverse -back-up valve will reverse the unit). So look at the wheels carefully and check those plastic teeth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.