Goodbye Dry

Jun 12, 2007
North Carolina
I saw this stuff at our local Walmart. Does anyone know anything about it?

We use the BBB method. Our water is crystal clear, everything balanced and things going well. I don't want to add anything that may mess things up, but I do have sensitive skin that tends to stay really dry and I'm just curious about this product.

Hi NicInNC:

Here's a quote from this website: http://silkyswim.com/frequently-asked-questions/: "Goodbye Dry! contains a proprietary ingredient which is different than other products currently on the market for swimming pools." Without knowing what that "proprietary ingredient" is, I would not use it. You are probably better off applying a skin moisturizing cosmetic product after swimming to aid in managing dry skin.

I have added salt in the past and liked it very much, was planning to do it again this year, but this product caught my eye. I am a very happy BBBer, but am still a bit afraid of the more complicated things like the AA Treatment and adding borates. I used a commercial product this past week for some staining just because it was a simple two-step process, although I was less than thrilled with the results.

***Oops... I thought I was replying to a topic that I posted today regarding Goodbye Dry. Seems another cup of coffee is in order. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.