Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Goodbye Dry

1. Back To Top    #1

Goodbye Dry

I saw this stuff at our local Walmart. Does anyone know anything about it?

We use the BBB method. Our water is crystal clear, everything balanced and things going well. I don't want to add anything that may mess things up, but I do have sensitive skin that tends to stay really dry and I'm just curious about this product.
    27' ABG
    Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Goodbye Dry

Hi NicInNC:

Here's a quote from this website: http://silkyswim.com/frequently-asked-questions/: "Goodbye Dry! contains a proprietary ingredient which is different than other products currently on the market for swimming pools." Without knowing what that "proprietary ingredient" is, I would not use it. You are probably better off applying a skin moisturizing cosmetic product after swimming to aid in managing dry skin.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hmmmm...I wonder how to find out what the ingredient is....
    27' ABG
    Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Ewwww... you have to add it weekly? Forget it. The stuff isn't cheap. $29.99 a bottle.
    27' ABG
    Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Have you looked into Borates? Not saying it would solve all your ills, but the water sure is nice
    ~31k gallon 18x36 IG, Vinyl LoopLoc Sahara, Hayward C-750 75sq' Cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflow VS3050, SGS Breeze760 SWG, Homemade Aerators, SmartPool Nitro 52 Wall Climber, TFT100 XL, Borates, and a partridge in a pear tree :)

6. Back To Top    #6

What about adding some salt, would that help?
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

7. Back To Top    #7

I have added salt in the past and liked it very much, was planning to do it again this year, but this product caught my eye. I am a very happy BBBer, but am still a bit afraid of the more complicated things like the AA Treatment and adding borates. I used a commercial product this past week for some staining just because it was a simple two-step process, although I was less than thrilled with the results.

***Oops... I thought I was replying to a topic that I posted today regarding Goodbye Dry. Seems another cup of coffee is in order.
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter