Is there anything I can add to muddy clay to firm it up?

Apr 9, 2013
Hey guys, I'm trying to build a 40 sq ft area next to our AGP for the filter and pump to sit as well as a future heater. I just wanted to put down some paver sand and sit some concrete blocks on top. Problem is that the area is pretty wet. I made the mistake of tilling the area because there was tall grass and weeds. Them I had a wet sloppy mess of clay and grass. I added paver base to it hoping to firm it up but now it's muddy gravel. If I step on it I sink into it. There's more storms on the way and I need to get the pump/filter hooked back up. Is there anything I can add to the sloppy mess to fix this? All my google searches talk about lawn issues which I really don't care about (improving the soil etc). I just need a solid surface that will hold the pump. Apparently hydrated lime works well but nobody sells it around here.

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.