I live in arizona hard dry almost concrete ground

May 24, 2013
Arizona
Ok i live in arizona hard dry almost concrete ground with rocks ...we dont have grass except for the east coasters who move here and spend 600 a month keeping it green lol...why are pavers needed for intex 22x52 pool and where to they go by pavers im assuming you mean tbe stone stepping kind. Going to look into the appegate soil from local landscape co. The biggest problem here in dont think sand is good idea because of monsoon season we can get very little rain here in az but when we do its monsoons heavy rain bursts and wind so i can see sand getting washed away. Ive been wondering anyone have any thoughts of not using the liner the pool came with ( to which from outsidde box) i cant find gauge of to a 20 or 25 gauge li er then using the ground cover and liner the pool came with for underneath
Ive also read the strings for the " pink rf" boards contractors use does it ever crack or dent or split creating a seam, i imagine with ten gallons of water at just shy of 8lbs per gallon the pressure will keep seams together but does it dent or get indented. Been told if going to use an auto vac the bottom needs to be as smooth as possible,
about pumps.? walmart has the 1/2 hp sand filter pump for 199.00 yet not sure that has enough hp to run the auto vac always told with sand bigger the Better so can someone recomend asize and brand that will work with this ultra frame 22x52, will be installing hayward thru wall auto skimmer
Is it possible and a potentially workable idea to install the cartridge filter it came with and run just the auto vac off of it but upgrade the cartridge to unicel.( read both ways that with both opinions) just not clear on ans. Can the hayward bug auto vac Be run off of the filter pool came with and upgrade to unicels?) Reason i was thinking this was could then leave auto vac attached 100% of time and fuss less..is it possible to do this? And im assuming then like with the thru the wall auto skimmer id have to cut the holes if anyone has done this please reply pics or video would be assume.
Think this is my last 2 question see everyone talking about plumbing their pool what does that mean and what does it do?
And last..ideas on how to keep water bit cooler gets to 115 here soon already hit 100 and it stays there till endof aug then we go back to 90 s till oct. Then ill get solar cover and one small heater and well be able to swim all year
This is the best website ever....

Re: Sand or no Sand - What's The ideal Base??

I live in a community with a hoa ( homeowners association). While our ground is very hard dry sand no give or even a bit of softness feels like concrete but there are ricks, no trees in yd so no roots to worry about..we think its pretty level but we are concercened about leveling everywhere i read says dig rather then add to get level. My husband is afraid any changes we makd to level could potential change the grating its a new build yr old. We dont get rain except for monsoon season then we get short to.medium bursts of heavy rain with heavy wind. If we change the grating in any dramatic way, we could cause some flooding issues for us and our neighbors

If your ground looks pretty flat, then it probably would not change the grade enough to cause a big change to how your land drains in respect to your neighbors. If you want to be sure, rent a surveyor's transit and see how far off level your property may be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.