Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: does anyone have an inground pool with a built in table

1. Back To Top    #1

does anyone have an inground pool with a built in table

help anyone
    trying to decide on adding a table and stools in our design for an inground pool. wondering if it will hinder the automatic vaccuum too much.
    any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks
    Penny
    14,362 gal, AG, Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 16", SWG Model CS20110 Flow Rate 2,650 gal/hr, Installed 2012
    Aquabot Pura 4x

2. Back To Top    #2

does anyone have an inground pool with a built in table

I had a removable table on a stainless post at a previous house. The Polaris was constantly getting hung up and the table was constantly getting stuck.

Ymmv. No tables for me.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: does anyone have an inground pool with a built in table

I do have a table in my pool (see sig for pictures).

Where the table is, the "floor" is raised about a foot above the main pool floor. It is also at about the opposite end of the pool from the Polaris port, so the unit is pretty much at it's limit of the hose when it is near my table. haven't had any issues with the Polaris interfereing with the table.

However, of course, the Polaris doesn't actually clean around the table. So, along with the tanning ledge and wrap around bench, the raised floor at my table is just part of my regular brushing routing. Still totally worth it for me.
    Ed Klein
    My Backyard Setup with Pictures
    Pictures of my Build Process
    27,000 gallons total
    IG plaster pool with waterfall/slide and 10' OD hot tub
    SWCG - Pentair IC-40 with Easytouch 8 automation
    Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS filter pump with 150gpm cartridge filter
    Built Summer 2012 - Houston, Texas area

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: does anyone have an inground pool with a built in table

thanks for the input, my pool pkg will include a robotic cleaner which will have unlimited freedom in the pool, so i do forsee it getting wrapped up around the table and stools, i could change to the polaris vaccuum however they tell me it will not climb the sides like the robotic. i will just have to decide what is more important. thanks again
    Penny
    14,362 gal, AG, Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 16", SWG Model CS20110 Flow Rate 2,650 gal/hr, Installed 2012
    Aquabot Pura 4x