Squaring the walls??

strmh

May 5, 2013
Hello,

18x36 IG DIY under construction....

I've got the steel panels in place and am in the process of squaring things up. Should I expect the panel dimensions to be exactly 18x36 ??

For example, at the deep end, i can only get the width down to 18' 1" before the end wall starts to bow out. there's no swim-out......just straight wall. (also, all measurements are taken at the base of the panels, not the top)

I'm to the point that I don't think I'm going to be able to get a net measurement of 18x36.

if everything is plumb / level / square and the dimensions end up being an 1" or so bigger, will that work?

Thanks for any advice...

TH

[attachment=0:1fl2am1a]Hodgdon-20130526-00150.jpg[/attachment:1fl2am1a]

Thanks for the response...I marked the corners I'm measuring with orange ribbon. At the base of the walls, from ribbon to ribbon, , I expected this measurement to be right at 18'.

Instead, it's at 18' 1" and if I squeeze it tighter, the back wall (with the light cut-out) bows inward from the pressure.

This is my first pool project, so I wasn't sure if these measurements were expected to be exact or not...

Attachments

• Hodgdon-20130526-00150.jpg
    Hodgdon-20130526-00150.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 111
I imagine you are fine but that advice needs to come from where you bought the panels. I assume they are supplying the liner as well so they will know FAR more about tolerances than any of us just looking at a pic.

The liner has quite a bit of stretch....if you're square, I'll bet you're ok.

This may sound dumb but what kind of tape measure are you using? If it is a cheap vinyl type being suspended in the air the sag could account for quite a bit. I had a similar issue on mine but it was the long side. Just a thought.

All set now....looks like the guy (me) lining things up didn't have his head on straight.

Just took a little more jockeying things around to bring the walls into square.

I'm blaming it on the steady rain that's been falling since I dug my hole......I think it may have clouded my judgement......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.