Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Start of my Stenner Build

1. Back To Top    #1

Start of my Stenner Build

Was starting to work on installing my Stenner set up..

-Purchased a 3ft tall aluminum powder coated fence post to use as a mounting point for the pump.
    -Purchased a 18x18' patio brick to put the Brewer barrel on.
    -Started running the intake hose....

Have to wait till the pool gets a little more complete to install in the injection side. But I did get my plumber to install 2x ports for the chlorine and at some point later...acid injection.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Start of my Stenner Build

More..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....

3. Back To Top    #3

That's a neat looking install.

I like the way you mounted the pump. Neat idea.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank-you! It is kind of on hold until it gets depressurized with the finish/fill of the new pool.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

subscribing.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

6. Back To Top    #6

Recently started mine, not quite as far as you are but I did plumb in my injection point- which is a lot closer to the pipe- so the end of the injector is flush with the inner radius of the pipe it's injecting in to. Although, now that I think about it, it will all be mixed in regardless...

7. Back To Top    #7

How is the dosing done? Is it set up to run continuous at minimum drip rate or on a timer? Or, do you have a transducer to measure the ORP or something?

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Watching this one... Want to learn how to build one of these... The liquidator is expensive for what it does.....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

9. Back To Top    #9

what is that you're using for a tank ?
    23k gunite, Stonescapes Mini Aqua Blue w/seashell, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, 2 Pentair Intelli-Flo VS pumps, Pentair Mastertemp 400, Pentair EasyTouch 8+wireless controller, Silencer spa blower, 3 Intellibrite LEDs, Pentair Racer cleaner, Pentair 320 chlorinator
    my build http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-north-Houston

10. Back To Top    #10

I used one of these. 15 gallon capacity.
    Purchased here- ULINE

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

This is my Stenner and tank!

Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

12. Back To Top    #12

I know this is old, but I just received my Stenner pump and am looking at storage drums. Some have two bung holes on top, and I see yours has only one. Do you just refill by taking off the cap and pull it up around the hose. I think I'd want to disturb the hoses as little as possible. Also, I was wondering what you use for a timer or do you run a drip? Thanks in advance.
    14,990 IG plaster; DE Pentair FNSPLS 60; 6 lbs DE; 150 gal/min; 2 HP WhisperFlo 2 speed pump; built Feb 2002;
    640 gal spa w/ constant waterfall; 5' x 10' waterfall; Polaris 280 cleaner;
    Pentair 400 nat gas 34,000 BTU heater; in-line auto chlorinator tower (empty)

13. Back To Top    #13

I'd go for the two hole ( i didn't think of that on my install). small for feed and leak return (i just drilled a hole for the leak return), use the large for filling. That said i only keep mine 1 or 2 turns tight, no problem really to fill. the hoses are heavy duty doesn't hurt disturbing them. I just unscrew mine and lift it up part way out of the way and fill.
    1987 16k gallons IG, Marbletire Marquis, ,Pentair superflo 1hp, Hayward s244t, Chlorine (working on stenner setup)