Pump running time

There is nothing etched in stone on pump run time. Some will tell you one water turnover per day. Some will say long enough to keep your water looking the way you like it. Every pool is different and so will pump run time.

I agree with the method of running it long enough to keep the water crystal clear along with proper FC levels. Some people think the longer the better. Thats not the case. There's a good article in pool school on pump run time.

Put your pool info in your sig. It will help everybody help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I've found 4 hours is fine unless the water temp is over 80*F then I have to go 6-8. I usually split it half in the morning and half in the evening. Circulation is crucial for preventing algae. One of the big problems with these pools is they only have one intake- no main drain to circulate water from the bottom. I rigged up a second pump to do that. Hopefully that will cut down on my run times in July and August.

I run my Intex all day. I run it on a timer along with the SWG. The SWG runs 4 hours, though I think that is too much and I can reduce down a bit this early.

I run mine all day because of the skimmer. When the kids are swimming, if the pump shuts off, all the water sloshing around kicks everything out of the skimmer basket and back into the pool. If I could come up with some sort of flap that would hold the debris in the skimmer, then I wouldn't worry about it running.

Short of that, I can pull the basket myself obviously, only they are in the pool by 10 am and I am still 30 minutes away for the next 5 and a half hours at work. The girls won't pull the "icky" skimmer basket and dump, neither the girls of the frolicking kind or of the adult kind.

It all comes on at 10 am, the SWG onboard timer turns off at 2 pm and the timer it is all plugged into shuts off at 8 pm. In fact, I'm going out there now to adjust it since we won't have swim weather for a while.... OH WOW!!! Just looked on Weather.com. Forecast for the next 6 days as of yesterday was in the 60's and very very low 70's. Now they are showing 88 on Wed and Thurs and 90 on Fri and Sat! Will they ever get forecasting a week ahead right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.