New IG pool almost done but....

Dec 9, 2012
Hello all, :wave:

I've been lurking around here for the past few months learning so much. There are a few things I'm running into that I haven't seen on the boards before so I would appreciate any insight. TIA!

#1 When they dug out the deep end, they did the hard bottom and put down the liner all in one day. Shouldn't they have waited for the hard bottom to dry or cure? We came home from work and all this was just done in a day.

#2 My pool is vinyl over poured concrete. There are two poured concrete side entrance steps (one in the shallow, one in the deep) and both are identical in dimensions. My problem that I am seeing is that the first step on both is completely uncovered by water. That doesn't seem right to me. Is this a mistake on the builder's part? You would have to fill the pool to the very top for the first step to be covered. Also, the liner has a big bubble at the corner of each of the first steps. Is this fixable? Unfortunately, due to the long Memorial Day weekend, we have to wait for answers from our builder. One of the problems I have encountered is definitely communication with this builder (due to our work schedules and the pb just being too big and busy-- more so than we anticipated when we picked them.)

#3 The pool is now filled with dark green water. This is now day 2. It will be this way until the electrician comes to get the filter going. When that happens is anybody's guess. I wrongly assumed the electrician would be here on Friday. I have to get a hold of the builder on Tuesday. How long can the water just sit there? Is this common/ok for there to be a delay b/w the pool being filled and the filter being turned on?

18 x 44 poured concrete pool, 2hp Hayward superpump, Hayward salt system, 400k btu Hayward gas heater, Hayward DE filter

ziggyny said:
Hello all, :wave:

I've been lurking around here for the past few months learning so much. There are a few things I'm running into that I haven't seen on the boards before so I would appreciate any insight. TIA!

#1 When they dug out the deep end, they did the hard bottom and put down the liner all in one day. Shouldn't they have waited for the hard bottom to dry or cure? We came home from work and all this was just done in a day.

#2 My pool is vinyl over poured concrete. There are two poured concrete side entrance steps (one in the shallow, one in the deep) and both are identical in dimensions. My problem that I am seeing is that the first step on both is completely uncovered by water. That doesn't seem right to me. Is this a mistake on the builder's part? You would have to fill the pool to the very top for the first step to be covered. Also, the liner has a big bubble at the corner of each of the first steps. Is this fixable? Unfortunately, due to the long Memorial Day weekend, we have to wait for answers from our builder. One of the problems I have encountered is definitely communication with this builder (due to our work schedules and the pb just being too big and busy-- more so than we anticipated when we picked them.)

#3 The pool is now filled with dark green water. This is now day 2. It will be this way until the electrician comes to get the filter going. When that happens is anybody's guess. I wrongly assumed the electrician would be here on Friday. I have to get a hold of the builder on Tuesday. How long can the water just sit there? Is this common/ok for there to be a delay b/w the pool being filled and the filter being turned on?

18 x 44 poured concrete pool, 2hp Hayward superpump, Hayward salt system, 400k btu Hayward gas heater, Hayward DE filter

1. That's the way ours was done. They started at 4 in the morning be by 5 in the afternoon water was going in. Don't know if it right but there is nothing wrong with our liner or pool bottom which is sand and Portland cement.

2. Don't know. If it is unacceptable to you that's all that matters. Pictures would help though.

3 it should be fine but the more it sits the more a pita it will be. I would go get a couple jugs of bleach, poor them in and brush it around unless they get you up and going as part of your contract at which point I would not worry about it.
GL on your pool and let's see some pics. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

I'll try to help. I just had my pool built last year.

1. My floor was done in one day and water adders the same day. The pb said to keep the kids from jumping onto the bottom or they could leave prints. He said it would take 24 hours to cure. The dis were in the pool as the water was being added and the floor is fine.

2. Our first step is covered by water and we can vacuum it. Is your skimmer near the top edge of the pool?

3. Our water came from a truck and was clean. Our filter was hooked up wo days later but the water was fine. We did add a few bottles of bleach the first day and two the second day.

Best of luck.

Sandy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.