Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Hi,
I'm a new home owner that inherited a 33,000 gal inground pool. I took the cover off for the first time in early May and discovered a green mess which I've (with your help) cleaned up nicely. The numbers are great FC=6, CC=0, pH=7.5, TA=110, CH=130, CYA=50 and crystal clear. The pool took a while to clear up and I discovered brown staining on the liner. The stains have straight lines so I don't think it's due to leaves. They run along the bottom as well as up the sides. I had the water tested for metals and it came back negative. There is a heater that's about 10 years old that the previous owner said he only used the first year. I currently have it bypassed. There is also a Nature 2 cartridge installed but hasn't been replaced so it is at least 1 year old. THAT is coming out soon. Does anyone have an idea on how to determine the cause and the best way to remove them? I've attached a photo hoping you can make out the stains. Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Crush up some vitamin C tablets and put them in a sock or stocking and rub it on the stains. If it lightens them it's metal staining. If it doesn't it's organic and holding the FC at the high normal number will eventually lighten them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.