New Orleans, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
So I have a pool with an attached spa. It's a aqualink I think. I have a remote control. It always worked fine. Today, I turned it on spa mode in order to heat it, and it started draining. It looked like it was draining into the pool. I turned everything off on the remote and tried again. Same thing. I lookeda t the panel and it looked normal. Any suggestions?
The filters and saltcell were cleaned recently by some maintenance guys. I'm wondering if maybe they hit some switch or something I'm not aware of.

Do you know why it would not be switching? I took a picture of the valves when running ok in pool mode. There are 5 valves. The big valve to the left is the polaris, the big valve to the right is the goldline. The second picture is of the switches on the polaris.

Attachments

• all valves (800x600).jpg
    all valves (800x600).jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 211
  • switch on polaris (800x600).jpg
    switch on polaris (800x600).jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 186
When I switched it to spa mode, just the valve on the left (the polaris) did a 180. The last valve on the right didn't do anything. Then shortly after the whole thing stopped working. I cant turn anything on at all. So now I'm trying to reach an electrician to see what's wrong with that. Hopefully minor. But when I get it to work, what should the spa mode look like when it's working right? Any suggestions on what might be wrong with the spa mode?

The first thing to do after getting the power back on is to flip the switch on the right valve and see if it will move. If it does it may be a matter of reprogramming it to be in the spa mode. If it doesn't, we'll need to do more troubleshooting.

I tried hitting the spa mode button on the panel before the power went out and the valve on the right (goldline) didn't move. I didn't see any switch on the valve itself. Is there supposed to be one? I only found switched on the left polaris valve.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So of course I can't find an electrician over memorial day to easily. I'm worried about the pool getting green without the pumps running. Any suggestions on what I can dump in there to keep it clean while the pumps are down? Can I buy shock and just dump it in without pumps? Any suggestions? The chlorine level is already pretty low, but the water is still clear for now.

I checked all of the breakers. Then I got a hold of my electrician friend. He found a 9 volt battery that was dead inside the panel and thought at first it was that simple. But after replacing the battery, we still couldn't get it to turn on. He checked the fuse, and everything else. He thinks maybe the mother board is shot. He's going to call the manufacturer tomorrow. I think I upgraded the whole thing a couple of years ago, so maybe it's under warranty. I don't know. Cant remember who installed it.
A

Having more problems then I thought getting electrical fixed. My electrician drew a dead end calling the manufacturer and distributors. Not sure the problem. I have an aqualink control panel that originally came with a large remote control. I later upgraded it with some Jandy product. I can look up the info when I get back home, but my electrician thought I might have problems getting the parts. Someone at a distributor said there were a lot of problems and lawsuits with my system and it's not made anymore. Not sure if they meant the original or the upgraded product.

Should I pour shock in for now and stir it around? I'll post parts when I get home. So I came home and looked for the owner's manuals. The original system installed in 2004 was a Polaris Sol 1000. A few years later, the board burned out or something. Anyway, I bought a conversion kit. The manual says a""Polaris SOL/EOS Aqualink RS installation Kit". It is a pool/spa combination. This was installed a fewyears ago. It is now completely dead.My electrician checked everything out. It's not the electrical. He found the 9 volt battery inside the panel was dead and changed that. Nothing. He checked the fuses, they all seem good. Any suggestions/feedback on this system?
Also, what should I add to the pool until I get the pump working? Shock? I have a salt system.

PS: I inadvertently put AG in my signature when it should have been IG. Sorry about that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.