Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Decided to join to add my voice to the discussions

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Decided to join to add my voice to the discussions

I have read many of the discussions through the Google search engine. I have a successful YouTube Channel and sometimes will visit the forum to fact check or learn new ideas that I haven't though of or learned. I have over 15 years of pool service experience and specialize in chemistry, automatic pool cleaner, filters and equipment troubleshooting. I will try to visit the forum as much as I can but I also spend a great deal of time answering questions on my YouTube channel. But I think I can chime in with my two cents and see if it is worth that

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Decided to join to add my voice to the discussions

Welcome aboard TFP

Ok then
    My Polaris 280 keeps getting wrapped-up around itself, I think it needs one more swivel connector and is possibly cut to long for my pool. I looked at the diagram (user instructions) and this would seem to be the case. But sadly I left it once again to my pool builders cracker jack people to install.... LOL but not really

Any suggestions?

Kirk
    Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by mrdgvb1
    I have read many of the discussions through the Google search engine. I have a successful YouTube Channel and sometimes will visit the forum to fact check or learn new ideas that I haven't though of or learned. I have over 15 years of pool service experience and specialize in chemistry, automatic pool cleaner, filters and equipment troubleshooting. I will try to visit the forum as much as I can but I also spend a great deal of time answering questions on my YouTube channel. But I think I can chime in with my two cents and see if it is worth that
    Hi mrdgvb1!

I've actually been subscribed to your youtube channel for the past 6 months or so, and I've learned a lot from your videos, especially the ones related to equipment maintenance. Very helpful! And I'm pleasantly surprised to see your presence here on TFP!

You've no doubt noticed that the advice generally offered around here differs a little bit from the methods advocated in your videos. I'm curious if you have any experience with the BBB method, or any thoughts about it (video idea maybe )? Although I imagine BBB is probably not an effective method for someone on a weekly service route.

Welcome to TFP!
    Matt
    9k gallon, plaster, IG. Raised spa w/ spillover into pool. AO Smith Century Centurion / Purex Triton WisperFlo 0.5 HP, Hayward 1.5 HP (spa), Polaris 1-516-01 1.5 HP (blower). Hayward DE3620 36 ft2 72 GPM DE Filter, Polaris 145 cleaner. Pool built ~1980.
    Trouble-free, BBB since: April 25, 2013

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks mrdgvb1
    I found you on U-tube your videos answered my questions...
    Kirk
    Pool IG, 20'x30'x5', 15,000 gals, QuartzScapes NPT Tahoe Blue, Sundek Classic Texture, DE Hayward Pro-grid DE7220 , Pentair erosion auto CH, Main PMP Century 1.5hp , Polaris 280, booster PMP Century 3/4hp, Electronics PNL timer/light Pro Logic Model AQL2-SS-RF w/Remote CNTL