17x25x48 rectangle Legacy pool

drdoct

May 25, 2013
I don't have an Intex pool but a 17x25x48 rectangle Legacy pool. But my whole pump/filter SWG is all Intex. I have been fighting this Intex junk for 3 years and am so thankful I found this site. I had the sand filter/pump combo that is in all the pictures. My pump locked up on me last year at the end of the year. So I went to HD and purchased a Sta-rite pool pump. I was immediately aware that Intex's 1 1/2" isn't really a normal 1 1/2". I ended up rigging a solution with about 5 different parts but I have never been too proud of it. The pump worked great for about a week. Then my hose from the sand filter to the SWG ruptured. Once again... I tried for a solution before finally giving up and making a drive to Academy to buy yet another crappy intex hose. Now today I just lost my little 3ft line that goes between the pump and the sand filter. I'm amazed at these setups. I do know that I'm going to be doing some plumbing work tomorrow after church. I appreciate the photos and ideas. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute more in the future.

Ok, so there wasn't really a question but more of a statement. So I'll add a question.

Right now I'm using the intex over the wall skimmer thing. It's not good, but better than nothing. The pool fittings are standard intex. They both have the grate over them (one has an eye ball return cover). When I'm using the skimmer I screw on the adapter over the grated intake. But a LOT of stuff gets through that basket and gets caught on the grate. Is there a way to remove that grate other than cut it? I'd like a much more open version but not wanting to let that much water out of my pool. I tried to pry it off or get it to turn with a screw driver, but it didn't budge. Can it come off?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.