First test TF-100

ok so here it is just got the test kit.

FC 5
    TC 5
    CC 0
    PH 7.2
    TA 120
    CYA 60

Doent seem to bad right? CYA high from granular triclor use I guess.... I just got some BBB and making the switch. Question is TA is high because i was using triclor, should I try to bring this down since im making the switch to Bleach? Or just leave it alone and get FC up to 7ppm.
    IG 16x32 Grecian - Vinyl - Approx 18k gal - 1 HP Hayward Super Pump - Pentair Triton II TR-60 Sand Filter - Hayward ColorLogic Light - Hayward H250FD Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First test TF-100

Your numbers look fairly good. With CYA at 60, you don't want FC going below 5. TA is a little high, but I doubt it is high enough to cause problems. Unless you have problems with PH rising quickly, just lower the PH to 7.2 each time it gets to 7.8 until the TA level is in range.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Your vinyl pool doesn't care if you have low CH, but high CH can still cause scale. Better check that, too. Otherwise, looking good.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

ok I'll get the FC up to 7, keep an eye on PH and do the CH test.
    IG 16x32 Grecian - Vinyl - Approx 18k gal - 1 HP Hayward Super Pump - Pentair Triton II TR-60 Sand Filter - Hayward ColorLogic Light - Hayward H250FD Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Is your water clear?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Is your water clear?
    yes water is sparkling clear... CH was 190. Added 52oz of 10% liquid chlorine this AM. Just got the kit and trying to figure this all out... How long should i wait to do a full retest? I'll keep checking PH and chlorine daily

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Well, it sounds like your pool is balanced and you have adequate chlorine to keep it sparking all summer. I think it is a good idea to do the pH and OTO chlorine test daily throughout the summer....perhaps a little less once you determine how stable your pool is.

Most folks do the full battery of tests weekly. Since the testing is a bit new to you, I would suggest you test again in just a few days and see if you get similar results. Unless your results are way different from todays, I would go to the once weekly regimen.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

will do thanks... the only test where I was a little unsure was the cya test so I did it twice and got very close to same results