First Test Ever

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
I am still waiting on my test kit. So I took the opportunity to have the good folks at the local pool store test my water for me. Just opened the pool yesterday and these are my water results. Just wondering what u guys think...

I have to admit..I did blindly throw 2 gallons of 8.5% bleach in the pool last night.

Results are as follows:

FAC = 1.3 - 1.5
PH = 7.8
TA = 90
CYA = 0
Calcium Hardness = 140
Copper/Iron = 0
Phosphates = 100

Anything look out of whack at the moment?

Thanks!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 using Tapatalk

The only thing that needs adjusting right at the moment is the CYA level. You want CYA at least 30, ideally closer to 50. CYA being at zero after a fresh fill is normal. Everything else is fine for now.

How many gallons of water do you have? You need to know that to know how much cya to add to get to 40 to 50 ppm.

Yes that is the sock chemical. You put it in a sock to dissolve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

dschribs said:
Hiw much conditioner would I need to add given where my CYA is?? Is this the "sock" chemical??

Yes, it is.

Since the testers can't read below 20 and pool stores are notoriously bad with this test, assume you have 20 for now. Target 40 in the pool calculator. Be sure to enter your pool's size. Remember, 20 now, 40 target.

For some reason I can't use the pool calculator on my tab. We just moved into a new house last week and I don't have a computer as of yet Can someone do the calculation for me? 23,000 gallon pool.

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If your cya level is at 20 then you need 3lbs 13 oz of cya to get to 40. I thought I saw your CYA was at 0.

No you can't put all 7lbs in a sock. You have to split it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

If you have a pool noodle, or even an inflatable tube, here's one idea:
2013-05-22220453.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.