auto chlorinator vrs floatie

Apr 14, 2013
henderson, nevada
I moved into my house a few months ago and this is the first time I have owned a pool. I have a service to maintain the pool until I can do it on my own.

I have a rainbow lifeguard 320 auto chlorinator but my service does not use it. Instead they use a floatie with the tablets in there. My question is which is better?

Some info on my pool, 28ft by 15ft with max 5ft deep free form concrete in ground pool with an elevated spa and waterfall. I have there intelliflo vers pump. I live in las Vegas.

Plain liquid bleach or liquid chlorine. Both are the same active ingredient (sodium hypochlorite). Liquid chlorine just has a higher concentration. These products do not add anything undesirable to the pool, unlike the pucks. Liquid bleach/chlorine is manually dosed by pouring it in a thin stream in front of a pool return .

[center:819q66gz]
file.php
[/center:819q66gz]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Siamese said:
bulsworth said:
Thanks. Now back to figuring out how to get it into my pool return.

Hi Bulsworth, all you have to do is to pour the liquid chlorine into the pool while standing above the return, while the pool pump is running.

Is the return the skimmer? How much do I pour in, assuming i can use the pool calculator and my test results to determine this?

No. The return is the jet of water shooting back into the pool.

With accurate test results, then use poolcalculator to determine how much bleach you should add to achieve the desired FC level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.